Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Here we go again..

Well here I am once again doing my best to start a blog that will last longer than a day, or in the case of my longest lasting journal, one week.

I am not quite sure what drives me to create a public journal for all to see, albeit, as it occurs to me now, on a site less popular in some respects than Facebook. If I truly wanted to publish something that would capture the attention of a significant audience I could have chosen to publish on a more popular medium such as Facebook.

Perhaps subconsciously I don't want a huge audience.

Perhaps it is more of an exercise in self-exploration.

Perhaps I am just working on my written skills as my job requires a large amount of writing.

This last point is particularly curious. I have never, and I mean never, in a million years pictured myself a writer in any sense of the word. I have only ever written out of sheer necessity; for a school paper, a press release for work, emails and even those are as short as possible to avoid a long winded and boring document. All these things considered how did I end up in this position writing some fairly important document viewed directly by hundreds of people with the documents message sometimes reaching thousands? When I put it into perspective like that it suddenly becomes more daunting than I have previously considered.

This being said I trust in the Universe's plan for me and see this job merely as a stepping stone while many, especially others my age, would see it as resting place. it is a fantastic job, great co-workers, low stress, at least for now, and it pays well. Why then is it a stepping stone?

Because life is about moving forward. We only get so much time and to not use every second of it to further myself and my life as it relates to the people I care about would be a gross under appreciation of the blessings I have been given.

As you read that last statement you are thinking, "Great, another sermon." Let me be clear that i am not a religious person, although I have been raised in a religious household. I am what i like to call a believer. I believe in the power of the mind, spirit and the world around us. The fact that we all exist on this planet at this point in time is proof of the awesome power of the Universe, do we not owe it the courtesy of appreciating what we have been given? We must always be thankful and work towards making it better....always. Enough spirituality for a debut post methinks...

It is important for me to explain my motives for any patient reader who may choose to follow my thoughts an observations for however long this may last. I am not ruling out growing tired of this blog as I have with many others.

It started today when I read Jason Mraz's blog at freshnessfactorfivethousand.blogspot.com. Check it out! I have become easily one of his biggest fans over the past few months and with the release of his latest album We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things I have become enamoured that much more by his music and spirit. And, yes, I am completely comfortable with admitting that. If you are a fan you know what i am talking about.

This latest discovery combined with my inexplicable need to spill my brain onto a computer screen has spawned this blog.

To anyone who is interested already and anyone who happens to jump into this diatribe down the road I wish you luck in exploring my mind and piecing though my muddled gibberish. I am sure there will be a few gems from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment