Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Sunny Day in February

Let me start by thanking everyone for reading a responding to my last post. I am glad you are enjoying my ramblings and hopefully you continue to read and comment.

Right now I am sitting at my kitchen table looking out at the smoky winter sky through the window of my basement apartment. I am looking at the sky not because it is particularly interesting but because from this angle it is all I can see over the snow. I haven't been outside yet, however I can almost guarantee that it is nowhere near as warm and wonderful as it looks but it is no doubt a nice day regardless.

Have you ever awakened in the morning with this feeling like you have something to do that day only to discover, after shaking the grogginess off and wiping that crusty goo from the corner of your eyes, that you actually have nothing to do? I had such and experience this morning. Perhaps it comes from having an overly busy schedule 99% of the time but it is strange to have absolutly nothing to do. Most would revel in this and probably spend the day in front of the TV or with a good book, not I.


Ever since I was a kid I could never sit still, ask mom she still affectionately curses on my childhood. I am constantly looking for something new to experience or discover and it is for this reason that I have had so many jobs over the years and, even now when I am completely happy with my station, I am constantly looking for the next big thing. This relates back to my first post which can be found at http://nonpoliticallymotivated.blogspot.com/2009/02/here-we-go-again.html .

Days like today make me think about all my friends living in various parts of the world and I wonder where I will eventually end up. As comfortable as I am in Newfoundalnd and as much as I love this place, something keeps telling me I am not destined to stay here. I wonder what the b'ys are doing in Vancouver, what the various friends in Ontario are up to, and how life is for the people still plugging away at Sir Wilfred Grenfell College. I wish I had the means to take off and visit some of these people or to follow the whispers that lure me elsewhere in the world to find where I am intended put down roots, if such a place exists. Perhaps I am nomadic.

"All in time," I tell myself. The last 6-8 months have changed my life, I have made a complete 180 degree turn and things are moving fast. Be patient and the Universe will grant me everything I need and everything I desire. In the meantime I will accomplish some things today I have been putting off for a while: return a broken cajon I received for Christmas, contact people I have been meaning to contact for some time, carpe diem and all that. I guess I did have things to do today.

After all it is a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment